One of the best way to find out how God has wired you to fulfill your purpose is by getting your hands dirty and actively serving Him in the context of the local church. We want to provide you with the opportunity to develop your gifts and talents and learn to use them for the Glory of God and the expansion of His Kingdom.
If you’re into producing videos, we want to teach you what it looks like to make the best videos for the glory of God. Do you have a passion for leading worship? We want to put you alongside other great worship leaders and see what it looks like to take your talents to the next level. If you’re gifted in administration, we’ll give you opportunities to develop those skills. Maybe you’re great with kids, so we’ll give you the chance to serve alongside our Kids team and invest in the next generation.
The Internship Program is designed to give participants ministry experience, as well as a glimpse into the life of someone in ministry.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION.
Spring: January-April (Application deadline: December 1st)
Summer: June-August (Application deadline: June 1st)
Fall: September-December (Application deadline: September 9th)
*Custom internships also available.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
• Fall and Spring interns need to be at least 18 years old.
• Fully willing to support the mission, vision, and values of South Bay Church.
• Submit signed Internship Application along with resume and picture.
• Pass the Interview process and get receive the approval of South Bay Staff.
• Interns are usually required to work a minimum of 20 hours per week and participate in weekend worship experiences. Regular workweek is Sunday through Thursday.
WHAT DO INTERNS DO?
The weekly routine will vary depending on the Intern’s ministry area and the needs of the specific Intern position. The Development Plan can include coaching meetings with South Bay pastors, personal development assignments (Book reading, growth projects…), spiritual fasting & disciplines, community outreach, participation in a Life Group, event planning teams, etc.
OPTIONAL AREAS OF FOCUS FOR INTERNS:
• Baykids (0-10 year olds)
• Student Ministry (middle school, high school)
• College Campus Ministry
• Life Group Ministry
• Community Outreach & Events Planning
• Missions Trips / Church Planting
• First Impressions Ministry
• Worship Band / Music / Prayer Ministry
• Production (audio, lights, stage…) and Sunday Experience
• Design, Media, Video, Tech, Photography, Motion Graphic
• Web design / developer
Internship Information Request
Please fill out the form below to let us know of your internship interest or request any other information regarding interning at South Bay Church.